Tuesday, January 8, 2008

You-Reek-a Tupelo!



Yes, I'm aware that I misspelled "eureka" in the title of this post. Don't get me wrong; I love living here. But, I have found the smelliest town on the map and I have a message for it. YOU STINK, TUPELO! Literally. Because of all the skunks. Apparently they all migrate year-round to Tupelo to die...on a street really close to our house. It's like they come from miles around to take a final pilgrimage to the skunk Mecca (which, again, is apparently close to our house. Maybe it's the Buffalo Park.), and right before they reach it, a car hits them, and they let out one final spray of fright and die. There are at least 3 skunk deaths a week, and I am so sick of it. I have to hold my breath on the last-mile stretch to our house. But, I'm getting pretty good at it. How can we avoid these mass skunk deaths? Please help!

Also, I have 2 more things to add to the list of "I don't believe in that" (see first blog entry for exhaustive list):

1. Tongue Pictures. You know, the ones where one person sticks his or her tongue out sideways and pretends to lick the other person. Why? Why would anyone do that? It makes no sense, and tongues are ugly. In these pictures, the veiny underside of the person's tongue is usually featured anyway. Yuck. Tongue pictures seem to be the new craze among high school students; I see it all the time in pictures which feature members of our youth group. I have seen it some in college student pictures, but not as much. College students are usually brave enough just to take it all the way and actually kiss the person rather than just pretending to do it. And I applaud them for their bravery; either way, let's get rid of the tongue!

2. Power Outages. Our power went out 5 times the other night. I got up 3 times and Kurt got up twice to turn off our beeping house alarm. I mean actual beeping, not "beeping" as in a substitute for a swear word. It starts this constant beep when the power goes out, and it won't stop until it is manually turned off. Ugh. But, worse than that is having to reset all the clocks. I abhor doing that. I don't know why; it just really bothers me. Besides switching to all battery-powered clocks, how can this problem be solved? Perhaps I could simply tell time by the positions of the sun and moon from now on. You know, set my inner clock. Ok, maybe not.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete