Monday, January 14, 2008

Old Navy in Tupelo, MS, is disgusting!!


The subject to this blog is also the subject line to an email I recently sent to customer service at Old Navy. I do not need to explain why. If I receive a reply from them, I'll post it. The email is as follows:

Re: Old Navy -Tupelo, MS

The Tupelo, MS, Old Navy store is a trash heap. I have come to dread shopping there. I rather like its merchandise, so the last few months have been filled with second chance visits to your store. However, when I went today, it was the last straw. I'm fed up with all of the disorder and chaos. It's just plain messy. The last few times I have gone there, it has been unbearable, rendering me unable to locate any likable merchandise or to enjoy the "shopping experience," if it can be so called. I can barely navigate through the store because of all the clothes strewn about on the floor. It seems as if they were, at first, shoved under the racks little by little. However, garments of all kinds continue to be heaped under there and are spilling out onto the floor, leaving little room to walk! I cannot locate my size in anything.

I once went to your store on a Friday afternoon, and it was a mess. I decided to go back on Saturday morning when the store opened, thinking that the store personnel would have reorganized the inventory Friday night so that I could search more easily for merchandise Saturday morning. Wrong! All the mess was left as is on Friday night. I know that shoppers can be messy, but it is up to the store personnel to make some sense of it. They do not do so at all in the Tupelo Old Navy store. I feel like I need to put on a safety helmet with a light attached to it and go underground on a scavenger hunt to find one shirt! Shopping should not feel this way.

Even the clothes that are off the floor (located on racks and tables) are disheveled.

There is no sequence or order to the clothes hanging on the racks. These clothes are not grouped by size or style. The sale racks are horrendous. There are absolutely no similarities among them. They are the worst. If I see a shirt I like that is not my size, I don't know where to go to find my size. Could it be on the next aisle over? Maybe. Could it be shoved under the racks with all the other clothes? Perhaps. Could it be mixed in with clothes in the children's section? Probably. Could it be stuffed away in the urine-scented dressing room (another problem to add to the list)? Highly likely.

The tables are bad, too.The clothes on them are lumped together in large, dysfunctional, unbearable piles, through which one cannot even begin to sort. It is terrible!

I have shopped at other Old Navy locations in and out of MS, and they are neat and enjoyable. What is wrong with this one???

Please correct this heinous problem, or I will no longer give my business to your company.

Thank you,

Marty Cooper
Female, Age 23

3 comments:

  1. You Go Girl! I am a big fan of writing the company. I write when I am happy and I write when I am not. I think that Old Navy will be glad to know about the concerned shopper in Tupelo. If not, just come on up to Memphis and we can take you to a clean one.
    Bye, S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somebody's going to get fired for this one....... probably the manager

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just remember your comments when you decide to leave one piece of merchandise where it doesn't belong in the store. Another customer will have the same idea, and another, and another, etc. That is what happens. I was recently in there the other day, and the store looked nice by the way!!! However, I was looking through some blouses hanging up, and another customer walked by and threw some jewlery in the floor. They decided they didn't want it. With customers like these, no wonder the store cannot stay cleaned up! Furthermore, there are not enough hours to have all the employees that they need in a 25,000 + sq. foot store. The economy sucks right now, so they do not have the money for the manpower. Also, one would think that you could consider the employees as equal human beings as well. They're not slaves to pick up after rude customers. They are there to assist and organize, and they cannot do their job for people like you ragging on them!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete