Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Baby, when the lights go out...


I am the Rummy champion! Last night, a storm swept through Tupelo, complete with high-powered, howling winds and numerous power outages. Kurt and I played cards by flashlight and candlelight as our lights flickered on and off, and then came back on for about 2 minutes, then went off again for about 15 minutes, and repeated this pattern for a few hours. When the lights were off, I'd win a few hands of Rummy. However, when the lights came back on, I'd start losing. Strange. Maybe as a child I was involved in some sort of supernatural electrical accident that has since empowered me to win card games when the electricity goes out (like Nickelodeon's Alex Mac and the chemical spill)... or maybe not. But, I still ended up winning the game...sorry, Kurt.

2 comments:

  1. probably because when the lights were on, kurt could see to cheat! ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that TV show. What happened to quality TV? Alf, Round House, etc... Maybe your power came from all those games we played in Europe...no jokes, please!

    ReplyDelete