Monday, December 24, 2007

I Love Global Warming


Well, I'm still not sure if I actually believe in global warming, but I love this Christmas Eve weather! It feels like a lovely, fall day. The sky is a clear blue with hardly any clouds--my favorite! Most people dislike this weather because it is not very "Christmasy," but I'd rather see the sunshine and feel a cool, gentle breeze than shiver under the bitterly cold, white sky. Also, this sunshine reminds me of life and joy and rest, which is what we receive in the birth of our Savior during this time of year. Seeing God's beautiful creation on a day like this puts me in the true spirit of Christmas all the more.

Tonight Kurt and I will attend our first Christmas Eve service at our new church. We are looking forward to it. Kurt's parents are coming with us; then we will go to their house for dinner and gift-giving!!! Tomorrow morning Kurt and I will exchange gifts in our own home (first Christmas in our new house!!!), then head to West Point and Starkville for lunch with my family. Christmas is always a whirlwind day for us, but we enjoy resting and enjoying our loved ones after all the festivities have ended.

Also, Christmas sometimes causes violence. After work today (yes, I worked on Christmas Eve because I have nothing else to do. I finished all my shopping and wrapping two weeks ago. Record timing.), I stopped by Wal-Mart to get some stocking stuffers for Kurt. It was, of course, packed with frantic last-minute shoppers. I was thankful that what I wanted was at the front of the store near the checkout lines. However, a lady cut in front of me at the self checkout machine, and I imagined that if I were stressed out with last minute to-dos that I might have harmed her. Or tried to. I thought to myself, "This is why people go on shooting sprees." Jokingly, of course. But, you never know when it could all pile up at the self check out line in Wal-Mart and a person just lose it altogether right there. Beware of last-minute holiday shoppers. They are an evil to be both feared and respected.

With that, have a wonderful Christmas!

4 comments:

  1. I not convinced of the global warming thing either. I suppose no one is really taking into consideration that climate is cyclical on God's green earth.

    The weather was great for Christmas, and Melinda and I went to a beautiful Christmas Eve communion service at FUMC Aberdeen. The church was full as Aberdeenians (?) from several denominations celebrated the birth of Christ.

    Congratulations on the new church. I'm sure that God will inspire great things there.

    I wish for you a most wonderful new year.

    Do you believe that it is almost 2008?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marty,

    Please do not chastise me -- I left out the 'm on my first sentence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i believe in global warming. but hey, hope you enjoy the sunshine! i know i am!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hope you had a merry christmas!
    I HATE WAL MART! I can go in there in a great mood and leave there wanting to harm someone. I try to avoid it whenever possible.

    ReplyDelete