Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Is that a woolly mammoth on your forehead?



That's what a coworker asked me today. Just kidding, but that's what my eyebrows have reminded me of lately.

I am not a newcomer to eyebrow waxing, but the pleasure of a well-shaped, clean brow is something I can no longer keep silent. Some people don't care about their brows, and that's fine. Eyebrow grooming is up to the individual, and it doesn't really matter so long as one avoids the dreaded unibrow (especially girls).

Anyway, each time I get my eyebrows waxed -- which by the way is well worth the $10 or so a month I pay -- I feel like a new person. It truly changes a person's face. However, most men don't realize this fact. Jerry Seinfeld even does comedy bit in which he calls girls silly because they care about their eyebrow appearance.

Well, I beg to differ, Jerry! For this reason, I am posting before and after pictures for your viewing pleasure.


Before. Notice the lack of definition along with stray hairs.

Another before shot. Different angle.

Immediately after. Notice the cleaner lines and redefined arch.
Also note the redness -- still totally worth it!

A day later, after the redness went away.

I'm sure there are more extreme cases, but even on me it makes a difference, people!

Go ahead, indulge yourself if you haven't already. You'll be glad you did...at least after a day or so.

3 comments:

  1. i LOVE getting the brows waxed! yours look great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could not agree with you more! I get mine waxed about once a month and it is sooo worth it. Ryan is Jerry, doesn't think it makes a difference. But I say he really does notice that I look "nice" but just isn't capable of putting his finger on just what it is that makes me looks so "nice". IT'S MY WAXED EYEBROWS. The same goes for hair cuts and makeup.

    ReplyDelete