Tuesday, February 26, 2008

About that whole Lent thing....




Yeah, it's over. Short-lived, huh? Indeed. If you will recall, I decided to give up carbonated beverages for Lent. Why, you ask? I answer with a resounding I DON'T KNOW!! An experiment, maybe? Well, my first mistake was drinking that beer that I didn't realize was a "carbonated" beverage...total bonehead. Yeah, so, Kurt got ordained. And my boss treated us to a celebratory lunch date the next day. So, I ordered a Woodchuck Cider with my lunch (man, I'm on a roll here - drinking at lunch, breaking Lent...Also, please note that I was not going back to work after lunch that day). Thank you, Carrie Anne, for bringing this sweet nectar into my life - which is actually a cider and not a beer, to be specific. Anyway, we saw the Hensons at lunch that day, so they actually witnessed me in the act of breaking my Lent vows. Congratulations. Anyway, after lunch it hit me that beer is carbonated. Aw, man! How dumb am I? However, after realizing this mistake, I thought I could simply renew my commitment to Lent and it would be fine. Then came the 2nd obstacle, which was not my fault: the stomach virus. After I was able to consume nourishment again (yesterday), it consisted (and still does) of crackers and SPRITE. So, Sprite is definitely carbonated...and Lent is definitely over. Moving on.

Now that I can think about food again without the risk of seeing it later, I want to pay a tribute to my favorite breakfast meal - The Ham Biscuit. I love ham biscuits!! Oooooooo-weeeeee! There is, however, a problem. Fast food restaurants make terrible ham biscuits. They are decent at the biscuit part, but the ham can barely even be called ham! It should be called thin, crusty un-ham. So, one of my favorite Saturday morning meals (the only morning I even think about cooking breakfast) is my homemade ham biscuit. Come visit and I'll whip ya up one somethin' good!

Spoiler warning!

LOST update: still hooked. We are caught up now to the regular season. I am still in shock about Kate having Claire's baby. What???!!! Can't wait til Thursday!

2 comments:

  1. Hooray for Woodchuck Amber! Totally worth breaking lent for that..haha. I have to disagree with your ham biscuit. There is nothing better than an english muffin with peanut butter and honey on it in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i totally didn't put 2 and 2 together with your lent vow and seeing your beer at lunch. never crossed my mind. maybe next year you can just give up whiskey....:)

    ReplyDelete