Monday, September 24, 2007

No, your eyes are not deceiving you.



That’s right. I have a tan. I went to the beach last week with 3 pretty cool ladies [See previous blog.]. It was wonderfully relaxing. The beach is undeniably my favorite place on earth. If Starkville had a beach, it would be paradise. At Orange Beach, we enjoyed great seafood andbasked in the warm sun all day. The sound of the waves lulled us to sleep during the day, and the lush condo kept us fast sleep at night. The love bugs came in full force on a couple of days, which was yucky. But, love bugs need love, too, I guess. Also, the Foley outlet mall was excellent, too. I got some great deals, and I mean GREAT! All in all, it was an almost perfect getaway. As perfect as it gets this side of Heaven. Right? Cheers!

Well, as a Christian, I believe it is good to confess sin. So, here goes: I used to watch Survivor instead of The Office on Thursday nights. I’m sorry! I’m so…sorry. And embarrassed. We used to just watch Survivor at its regular time and then get The Office dvds on Netflix after the season ended. Well, we got season 3 today. As we were watching it and laughing our heads off, I asked Kurt why we ever watched Survivor instead of The Office. Why would we do that?? Crazy! So, I plan to repent now. You know, if Kurt wants to, of course. One of my favorite lines from Michael Scott today was: “There is such a thing as good grief. Just ask Charlie Brown.”

Also, one of my favorite FRIENDS episodes came on TV today: The One Where Eddie Won’t Go. It’s on season 2. You should see it ASAP. Chandler does some of his best acting in it, and I love the Be Your Own Windkeeper book parts. It’s all so funny!

Another exciting development today is Halo 3 coming out! Kurt went with some guys from the youth group to get it tonight. They are going to hang out at the store till it comes out at midnight and then play it on XBOX Live all night. He will have so much fun. Also, just a word to the girlfriends, fiancées, and wives out there: once a video gamer, ALWAYS a video gamer. Thankfully, I’m one of the few wives who don’t mind. Sometimes I even play video games with Kurt. I do wish we had a Wii. Oh, well. Maybe next time…

By the way, the new Bachelor looks like he has about as much personality as a patch of dead grass.

2 comments:

  1. One of my favorite friends moments is when joey thinks that duck and chicken knock on the door....it kills me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The office is the best show on television, with the possible exception of friday night lights.

    So subtle and so freaking perfect.

    -Kelvin

    ReplyDelete