Thursday, August 11, 2011

39 weeks, 4 days & more nursery

I went to the doctor yesterday and we have a plan. Yesterday I was 60-70% effaced (That means thinned out. Might be TMI for some, but this is my blog), and not dilated any. But that is progress from my appoint last week. Nothing had happened at my appointment last week.

My due date is 3 days from now on Sunday, August 14. We are hoping Campbell will come by then (or after) on his own. However, if he is not here by Thursday, August 18 (a week from today), my doctor will induce me and try to speed Campbell along. August 18 is my grandfather's birthday, so if Campbell waits to come until then, he will share a birthday with one of the greatest men I know. Plus, I believe 40 weeks and 4 days is plenty of time for Campbell to make his appearance on his own, especially since I'm already "progressing" some.

AND there is a full moon this weekend. I've heard that affects labor as well. Maybe Campbell will be a werewolf.

Taken by my buddy Laura this morning. 39 weeks, 4 days, and just had biscuits and gravy at Shockley's. YUM!

Drum roll, please! My awesomely talented friend Sarah (whom I've mentioned before) has done it again. Lawd, she is the best thing with a paintbrush! I showed her my nursery colors and commissioned her (how fancy am I? Ha.) to paint 3 canvases for Campbell's nursery. It was easy to put my complete trust in her, and I'm glad I did. Look how perfect these are!

Lion

Elephant (With a bird! And it's red! My favorite! Red and birds!)

Giraffe (which is on the fabric in the nursery)



Y'aaaaaaaall, this nursery is my most favorite room I've ever been in ever and will probably be my favorite room ever in every house where we ever live ever! :)

Now let's see when Big C comes to live in it.

Also, this Saturday (a day before my due date) is mine and Kurt's 6-year wedding anniversary. And man, I'm lucky in love. And very thankful.


4 comments:

  1. I can't believe you are at the end of your pregnancy!! It has gone by so fast!! That would be so awesome for Campbell to share a birthday with your grandaddy!! I would put money on it that you will be induced that day!! With Brady, nothing ever happened down there, but with Willa Kate I was 2-3cm and 80% effaced for 2 weeks and then I was induced! I wish you the best with your delivery! Take it all in, It is amazing and such a GREAT experience!!
    Praying for a safe delivery and a healthy baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an awesome "write-up"!!! love you mar-tay. you may commission me anytime!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now all you need is a sign on the door saying Campbell Cooper's Clubhouse

    ReplyDelete