Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I am WIRED today!



The picture above represents me today, except in human form. The culprit: Claritin-D, 24-hour. If you've been in a cave for the last couple of weeks, you wouldn't know that Kurt and I have been battling bronchitis (I think it was closer to pneumonia). After two rounds of antibiotics, I still have some nasal and chest congestion, so I picked up some Claritin-D yesterday on my lunch break.

I noticed they have the option of 12-hour or 24-hour. Well, who wants half the relief? Not me. So, I got 24-hour. I took one pill at 1:30 p.m. after I ate some lunch. And I did not sleep AT ALL last night. (Kurt said I dozed off around 5:00 or so, but I don't remember that).

I didn't want to wait until lunch time to take one today for fear of another sleepless night, so I took one when I got up this morning as today's dose. I mean, I am HYPED today, people!

Even a coworker and my boss commented on my heightened "energy" level this morning. Yikes. One of them said, "Your eyes are just really wide today, and you're smiling a lot."

So, if you need a pick-me-up today, don't settle for coffee, soft drinks, or chocolate -- your basic caffeinated products. Go for the good stuff. You will not sleep, I promise.

Ironically, don't druggies use Claritin-D and Sudafed to make crystal meth?

In other drug-related news, I will be taking an Ambien around 9:30 tonight. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. You better get yo'self well for this weekend! Don't be bringing that congestion and crap to my house! =) Also, get on a normal sleep schedule so you'll be rarin' to go! Yippee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only imagine the shananigans that went on today...you + pseudoephedrine = chaos!
    love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete