Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Pollen Magnet


Apparently I'm a pollen magnet. Or Tupelo is. For the past 5 or 6 weeks I've been sick off and on, and I believe I'm allergic to something in Tupelo...perhaps to Tupelo itself. What could it be?

I felt sick in mid-May -- sore throat, fatigue, achy, sneezing, etc. (I got tested for Mono and do not have it.) However, the last week in May I went on a mission trip to Cary, MS, with our church. It is in the Detla...you know, crop country. [pics to come] Shockingly, my allergies got better while I was there. Lo and behold, upon my return to Tupelo the first week of June, I felt sick again.

My throat became so sore that I could barely swallow (and I don't even have tonsils anymore -- a surgery I had 2 years ago to get rid of this problem!!). Then I left for Jr. High RYM (Woot woot! Megarec champs! [pics to come]) last Monday and felt fine the whole time I was in FL. However, when I got back to Tupelo, I began sneezing, my throat began to close, and my glands are swollen again. Yuck.

I'm leaving for Sr. High RYM in 2 weeks [pics to come], so I will hopefully have some relief then. As of now, I am making an appointment with an Ear, Nose & Throat doctor tomorrow! [Candace, if Marcus can't get me in with Dr. Berry, will you??? I need the hook up fast!]

Other than that, Tupelo is great. Our summer has been very busy. Our cousins are moving back to Starkville this weekend, and I'm so excited! Also, my precious grandmother is having her knee replaced this Friday, so please pray for her if you think about it. She has a difficult recovery ahead.

This is the first blog where I haven't tried to be funny, but I just took a Benadryl and will hopefully be in a coma in a few minutes. (Cheers, Sarah!) Better go before before I ..... zzzzzzzzzzz.

5 comments:

  1. I love the new look of the blog page!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i feel your pain..I have been reading up on some cleaning advice from this guy on qvc..(geeky i know)I will try anything at this point..did you go to the ENT..Mont is in china..but should be back today, I am sure he would be happy to see you..

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanted to add to my comment above and it wouldn't let me...so I deleted it and am writing it all again here. I'm kinda new to this. But I just wanted to say that you make me laugh and Hope that you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete