Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Sweetest nurse ever

I've been sick for about a week. Allergies...sinus junk...general feeling of YUCK. I finally went to the doctor yesterday, and he took care of me as he always does. (I LOVE MY DOCTOR!) But this junk has laid me out for a few days and I haven't been out of the house much lately. Sigh.

However, someone has been by my side the whole time. Winnie girl - my best nurse. I usually call her my shadow because she follows me around the house, but since I've been in bed for a couple of days, she has been right there with me. Each time I cough, she checks on me. She has given me sweet hugs and has napped right beside me for hours (when I can actually sleep - meaning breathe through my nose).

Kurt has been a wonderful nurse too. He's so patient and understanding, and he has done whatever I have asked. What a blessing my family is.

I'm 22 weeks right now and besides the sinus infection, I'm feeling pretty good. Campbell is kicking away in there, which is comforting and strange at the same time. I love the little fella, and I think he and Winnie will get along well.

God is teaching me to trust him in lots more things now - things I never used to think about. I am very blessed and am thankful for his faithfulness.

I'm gonna give Winnie a treat now. She has been so sweet to me!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks be to God for our dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Marty! Sorry you've been sick. I had a ridiculous sinus infection when I was pregs with Hannah. It is MUCH worse when you are pregnant!

    So fun that y'all are expecting little Campbell!!! Such a cute name for, what I am sure, will be a precious little boy. Praying for you as you prepare to become a mama!

    ReplyDelete