Tuesday, April 5, 2011

It's a boy: reveal video

Finally a blog about the reveal!

Kurt and I went to the doctor Tuesday morning March 15 at 8:15 AM to find out the gender of the baby. We wanted to find out before telling others so it would be a special moment for us and could settle in before we had family over at lunch that day to announce it. My younger sister Brittany stayed the night with me Monday night to help me get ready for the luncheon, etc. So, I came home from the sonogram and told her it was a BOY! And then we got to work.

I made a cake on Monday and put blue frosting on the inner layer Tuesday before everyone came. (I have since learned I'm not a baker. It was almost a disaster.)

Brit took a pic of me preparing the cake.


Final product. No one will know the icing is blue until we cut it.

Even Winnie girl was ready with her Big Sister bandanna on!

So our family and close family friends arrived dressed in blue or pink to guess the gender.

Team blue


Team pink


Here's the video of us revealing it. We had planned to let our cousin Nita say what color the icing was, but she just ate up the attention and didn't care about the cake. Everyone still got the message.





Me with a slice of baby boy cake!

Happy grandparents!

This little stork has a place to mark boy or girl. Thanks for bringing this, Bonnie!

If you have made it this far in the blog, you deserve to know his name. We are naming him

Campbell Sims Cooper

And lastly, I am 21 weeks now. I went to the doc today and everything is on track and we are both doing well. So thankful for God's blessings of a wonderful family, a great doctor who knows how to deal with "tired, hungry, sick, and crazy!!!", precious friends who give generously and are always available to help and listen, and a sweet husband and puppy who love me and Campbell.




6 comments:

  1. This blog post rules! I'm glad you guys are having a boy. He can join the campaign to have my daughter's hand in marriage. It's gonna be awesome to be going through this baby thing with you Coopers!

    -Barton

    ReplyDelete
  2. how much fun was this!!!! praying for y'all daily. keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Precious name. Can't wait for baby Campbell's arrival!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! We can't wait to meet sweet Campbell and tell him how awesome his parents are! Loved the video of the reveal. So precious. You're over half way there! Hope you're feeling well. Have you & Kurt felt Campbell move yet? What a fun, exciting adventure. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've said it before, and I'll say it again -- Campbell Sims Cooper is THE MOST AWESOME BABY NAME IN THE WORLD. :) I'm so happy you're feeling great and I hope the second half flies by but that you also get to enjoy the precious moments before he arrives.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look precious and you did a GREAT job on the cake!!! Soo excited for you two and Winnie:)

    ReplyDelete