Wednesday, March 3, 2010

An update of sorts...


1. Winnie is about to be 10 months old. Her birthday is on Cinco de Mayo, so everyone is welcome to bring their puppies over to our house to play and drink margaritas with us on Win's birthday! Ole!

2. My grandmother fell last week and broke her left patella (knee cap, for all you non-medicals out there), right wrist, and right shoulder. Poor grandmom. She is in a lot of pain and has been in the hospital for a week now. She will stay there at least another week as she undergoes physical therapy. Thankfully, no surgery was required to reset her bones. All the breaks were clean.

3. I have been reading The Shack. ("Gasp!" sayeth all the conservative Christians.) Before you deem me a heretic, check out the book for yourself. It is good fiction. Admittedly, some parts of the book make me uncomfortable, but what is the harm in that? It is good to stretch our minds and consider other viewpoints (and deem whether we agree or disagree thereafter). I will save my book review for another post, but I find myself experiencing the same emotions as the protagonist Mack. I'm excited to see where this story takes me.

4. I have recently rekindled my love for Coldplay's "Amsterdam." I had forgotten how beautiful the music and lyrics are to me. I relate to the lyrics emotionally as well as spiritually, I think. Below are the music and lyrics for your consideration/enjoyment.




No comments:

Post a Comment