Sunday, November 2, 2008

Hitting the trail...

The campaign trail, that is.

Kurt and I usually keep our political opinions to ourselves. However, we recently helped out a friend of his whose father is running for the U.S. Senate. Margaret Wicker and Kurt graduated from high school together and have been buddies since at least junior high, maybe earlier.

Kurt, Margaret, and me


Kurt and I both really like Roger Wicker and believe he is a much better candidate than Ronny Musgrove for the Senate. Wicker voted against the bailout, which we were also against. We recently spent the day taking fliers to houses and putting them in/on doors, somehow.


Thumbs down = illegal

It is illegal to put them in mailboxes, so the following are examples of the correct ways to campaign:





Also, make no mistake -- campaigning can be dangerous. Kurt got chased by a dog. I was down the street, and I heard a ruckus behind me. I looked down the street (not within 'hollering' distance) and saw/heard Kurt scolding a dog. So I called him on his cell phone, and he told me that a dog chased him out of a driveway. I laughed and said, "Nuh uh." And he said, "Yes it did. I had to back swiftly out of the driveway." Thanks for the explanation.

Kurt risked his life for Roger Wicker. Now that's loyalty.

Not the dog that chased Kurt, but of similar build.

I also faced danger. You never know what is lurking around your front door.

scary spider

Also, this little fellow told me he was voting for Wicker. He staged a sit-in in someone's yard until the owner promised to vote for Wicker. Now that's dedication.


I even decorated my car and my shirt to show my support.

Car

Shirt

Don't forget to vote on Tuesday. In summary,






2 comments: