Monday, September 22, 2008

Southern UNhospitality

Pete, his wife Becky, and little Noelle

One of my coworkers moved here from Maryland about 2 years ago. His name is Pete. Pete is married and has a daughter named Noelle who is a toddler, and his wife Becky is having another daughter in about 4 months.

Yesterday, Pete and his family went for a delightful stroll in his Saltillo, MS (a town north of Tupelo), neighborhood. It was sunny, the air was fresh, and they wanted to spend some quality time together enjoying God's creation.

Lo and behold (in my most southern drawl), a dog ran out of its "fenced-in" yard and bit little Noelle on the back of the leg. Can you believe that? Pete took Noelle home, took a picture of the wound, and took his camera to the dog's owner to warn her -- politely, mind you -- about her dog.

The owner got feisty, so Pete pushed the 'RECORD' button on his camera. After a terrible experience with this uncivilized excuse for a lady, who I'm ashamed to call a Mississippian, Pete created the following video. True story.

As you will see in the video below, the lady goes berserk. You may be shocked to see a human behave this way, but not after you see her shirt...



Nuff said.

9 comments:

  1. stop it!!
    oh my word that is the craziest thing i have ever seen! i knew i hated lsu fans for a reason. can i link to this post on my blog?

    on a lighter note...i love reading your blog. it is so entertaining!
    hope y'all are well!
    em g

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awful....that lady's husband needs to grow some "you know what" and shut her up! geez!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh. my. goodness.

    That is nutso. I agree with Becca, her husband needs to step it up. She definitely wears the pants behind that $20k fence!

    I'm expecting to see that one on the Today show!!! Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my! that is horrible! your poor friend and his family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey!!! I can't believe you know dale and Holly!! Dale is my husband's best friend. I adore Holly. Very small world. I hope you don't mind, but I'm adding you to my "blog friends".

    ReplyDelete
  6. marty, this is the one of the most bizarre things i have ever seen! i keep coming back to watch it and wonder if this woman is demon possessed. after my study on angels and demons, i really think she is possessed. dk
    p.s. we are coming to laura's this week-end. i hope to see and meet you at church sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wooot! Country come to town.

    ReplyDelete