Friday, August 1, 2008

A Tisket, a Tasket...a really bad biscuit


Hardee's has the best biscuits of any fast food chain, in my opinion (which I don't need to state b/c it's my blog, so it's obviously my opinion.) They have a teeny crunch on the outside with soft, buttery goodness on the inside. They are so good, I don't feel the need to add anything to them. When I go, I order one plain biscuit -- that's all. No sausage. No Jelly. Just a plain ole biscuit.

Recently, for fun, I looked up the calorie count for said glorious biscuit. That's when I discovered why it tastes so good. Are you ready for this? A PLAIN biscuit from Hardee's -- PLAIN, people -- has 390 calories. 390!!! Unbelievable. That doesn't factor in your drink or any other food if you don't get full off of one biscuit. Wowser. You better plan to drink water the rest of the day if you are going to stay under 2,000 - 2,500 calories in a day. EEK!


Other caloric results from the Hardee's menu:
Jelly biscuit - 440
Sausage biscuit - 550
Bacon, Egg & Cheese biscuit - 520
Biscuit and Gravy - 530
Hash rounds (16) - 230
Hamburger - 270
Cheeseburger - 320
Double cheeseburger - 480
Frisco burger & Classic Bacon cheeseburger - 720
Double bacon cheeseburger - 1,000
Monster burger (a whopping) - 1,060
Fried Chicken sandwich - 480
Grilled Chicken sandwich - 350
Fisherman's Filet (whatever that is) - 530
Regular sized french fries - 340
Peach Cobbler - 310
Chocolate shake - 370
Apple Turnover - 270


And the sodium count is worse! Sadly, I must say goodbye to the plain biscuit (and, maybe, Hardee's in general) except for special occasions in the future like trying to gain weight for a pregnancy or an acting role in a film or, perhaps, a really bad day...






5 comments:

  1. hey marty! i hope you are doing good! i love reading your blog, your stories are so entertaining! the office i work at is right down the street from hardee's so it is very tempting to make a quick stop before work! thanks for informing me of the calories! don't believe i will be stopping there anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can feel the cellulite appearing on my thighs just reading that

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you left me a comment!! I think we need to arrange a meeting through Ginger b/c I really think we were separated at birth. Oh, and thanks for ruining Hardee's for me. I will never eat a biscuit from there again. Ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Something that is nearly as bad as Hardee's biscuits is Starbucks drinks (or insert your favorite coffee house). Take for example the Mocha Frappuccino® Blended Coffee Grande has 380 calories.
    So for all of those who skip breakfast but have a coffee drink to go. They are still consuming a few hundred calories. I was just thinking of this because my sister started working at a coffee shop in town and came home and told us some not so wonderful news about calories on some of the drinks.

    ReplyDelete