Wednesday, October 10, 2007

I'm a turbo vet...


Guess what happened at MSU on Saturday? Sweat. That's right. Sweat sweat sweat sweat sweat. Unbelievable! Well, not really, considering it's been "as hot as blue blazes" outside, as my dear mother-in-law would say. She would also say that we were "slap dab burnin' up" on Saturday! We were. However, all the sweat that covered The Junction (which, by the way, freaking rules!) could never have drowned out all the fun being had. I got to see tons of friends that I haven't seen in a while and still managed to "rock-n-roll all night and party every day" even though my poor, sweet husband was at home sick. (I offered to come home to take care of him, but he wouldn't let me.) Back to The Junction. I love it. I thought MSU couldn't get any better when I was a student there. Two years after I leave, they change it all up, and it gets even more awesome. How can this be, you ask? Because God is good. Can I get an "Amen" for The Junction?!? Below is a haiku i personally penned, and I now unreservedly dedicate it to The Junction:

Malfunction Junction,
What is your function? It's this:
To party on, Wayne.

Friday night I ate dinner at City Bagel and hung out with some friends I haven't seen in 2 years. Saturday morning, I ate breakfast at City Bagel and hung out with some friends I haven't seen in 2 years. Some guy in a swamp-man outfit roamed around Starkville and MSU all day Saturday. Anna and I saw him at breakfast, and Anna saw him again during the game. I wonder if he got paid to do that...if so, I might consider purchasing a swamp-woman outfit and hittin' the streets.

As soon as I finish this blog entry, I'm going to finish reading Harry Potter IV: The Goblet of Fire. It is my favorite of those books so far. It has the most suspenseful opening and the most creative twists and turns of them all. Kurt says it's his favorite as well and that it has the best ending. He's read all 7 books. Blimey, it's 9:45! I must go continue to witness Barty Crouch, Jr., spill his guts from the truth serum Dumbledore just gave him...Night, all.

3 comments:

  1. "Amen" for the Junction.
    Go Bulldogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3 cheers for the junction and the fun that was had on that blissful plot of land over homecoming weekend! I'd like to revive the "I fell in love at Malfunction Junction" T-shirts...they take on a whole new meaning now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marty,

    You sweating? That's hard to believe. Wonder if Laurette would ever be guilty of that?

    You are right -- they have made so many changes for the better on that campus -- it is the place to be. And it is a beautiful campus -- put it up against any.

    Hope to see you there on November 10 when Bama, and the $20 million coach roll into town.

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete