Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Guest Blogger: Winnie Claire


Hey you guys, I'm grounded. Mom won't let me go outside for the time being. So I'm just sitting here moping on the couch next to Mom. She says I'm lucky she'll let me sit by her. I guess I was a bad girl. I'll let you decide.

According to Mom, it was a normal day. Rainy and cloudy, but normal. My super cool parents and my Pop (some people call him Phil) installed a new door for me with a doggy door in it. It's really nice, and I have enjoyed using it for the past week and a half. I can go in the back yard as I please, and Mom and Dad don't have to get up with me every time I want to go outside. We have all been really happy with it.

But today I went on an adventure, and our neighbor ratted me out. She sent Mom a text message saying I was out of the yard.

I admit I've been a digger in my past. My parents had hoped I was finished with this phase, but I dug out of my large fenced-in back yard and explored the neighborhood. Mom says I'm acting like a spoiled brat and not being thankful for what I have.

I've explored the neighborhood before, and it upsets my Dad. He is worried I will get hit by a car. Mom knows I'll come back, but she gets frustrated when I roam. I guess it's because I'm being disrespectful to them and bothering the neighbors.

The worst part about escaping today was that it has been raining all day. Mom and dad gave me a bath just two nights ago, which is not easy and takes two people, according to them. But I didn't consider that either. I dug out of the back yard, and I walked around for a bit. I didn't go far. In fact, I went right next door. My neighbor has a tiny teacup yorkie. Her name's Miley and she weighs 4 lbs. I hear her barking sometimes, so I wanted to see if she wanted to come outside to play.

I went next door and scratched on the front door for a while. I didn't realize my paws were dirty, and I got mud on the door. Then Miley's mom Christy opened the garage to leave me in there until Mom came home, but somehow I forced my way into her house. Miley is really small and was going crazy with me in there. Christi let me out and I roamed some more until Mom came home. When she drove up, I rounded the corner of the house. I was wet and smelly, and my paws were dirty. Mom was not happy. Mom has apologized to Christi and still feels badly, but Christi is nice and forgiving. She is a good neighbor to Mom.

So that's that. Do you think I was bad? I'm still technically a puppy. I'll be 2 years old in May.

I heard Mom tell Dad that she found an electric fence at Petsmart and wants to install it ASAP. I just heard it thunder, so I hope Mom doesn't stay mad at me for too long. I might need to wear one of her shirts again.

If you need me, I'll be inside for the time being. Feel free to ride through the cove so I can bark at you through the window.

1 comment:

  1. Joe laughed uncontrollably when he read this post. I told Maple she couldn't read it because she might get too many ideas. We are getting a doggie door too and I can foresee such incidences at our house!

    ReplyDelete