Sunday, February 27, 2011

Surviving the storm: Winnie style

On Thursday night, a storm apparently came through Tupelo, but the tornado sirens near us didn't go off. Or either we didn't hear them. Other people in our area said they didn't hear them either. Oh well. Not to worry. My mother-in-law was our personal tornado siren. She sent us texts and urged us -- nay, implored -- to get in the closet because we were under a weather attack.

Winnie had been in a panic all evening. Panting, shaking, sitting practically on top of Kurt and me for hours. She is so afraid of bad weather. So we finally got her into the closet. After we got in there, she was fine.

Sitting between us in my closet.

Well, the storm passed and Kurt got out of the closet, but Winnie felt so safe in there, she apparently didn't want to leave. And she was blocking my exit. So she and I sat in there for a little while longer.

Just hangin' in the closet.

I was finally able to move her over, stand up, and get out of the closet. However, she wasn't so sure about leaving. I left the room for a few minutes, and she didn't follow as she usually does. I went back to check on her, and I found her peeking out of the door. So precious.

Trying to decide whether to come out.

Winnie finally came out, and she slept at the foot of our bed all night. Bless her heart. She just doesn't like storms.

1 comment:

  1. Awwww the last picture where she's peeking out is the cutest!!! "Is it okkkk?"

    ReplyDelete