Thursday, September 10, 2009

Anybody seen this?


Unless you have been hiding under a rock for the past few months, you have undoubtedly seen the commercials advertising the Neckline Slimmer.
I had two thoughts the first time I saw the commercial:
1. Yeah right.
2. Ouch!


This item claims to reduce double chins and turkey necks (my words). However, there's no way this thing works. You'd have to do a gazillion neck crunches to make any progress. Can you imagine sitting at your desk at work and using this neckersizer (yep, made it up) all day? Others would find you very agreeable. (pun intended.)

Also, notice in the above picture. In the "before" picture, the lady is forcing her double chin because her nose is pointed slightly down. In the "after" picture, her nose is pointed straight out, thus reducing the size of her double chin. And let's not forget PHOTOSHOP.

In fact, that might be two different women. Their hair falls at different lengths. Maybe it's a mother (double chin) and a daughter who has yet to inherit it.


Secondly, can you imagine how painful these neck nods would be? Ouch! Instead of reducing chin/neck fat, it is my expert medical opinion that it would pull the side muscles in your neck, thus prohibiting you from turning your head from side to side without excrutiating pain.


As you may have deciphered, I will not be purchasing this...crap. Instead, I have started a savings envelope to have plastic surgery on my inevitable neck flap in the future. I am taking donations if you care to contribute to the Single Chin, No Extra Neck Skin FUND.

2 comments:

  1. maybe her hair is longer in the second picture because THAT'S how long it took her turkey waddle to retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm kind of disappointed that SCNENSF doesn't spell anything awesome. :(

    Maybe SNOMAN - Stop Neck Obesity, Marty needs Assets Now!

    I have a lot of free time.

    ReplyDelete