Thursday, November 29, 2007

This just in...



The Bulldogs won! Well, that's not news. More like "olds", right? Kurt and I had a great time at the Egg Bowl, aside from the freezing weather and losing most of the game. I spilled hot chocolate on myself and some guy behind me also spilled coke on my hiney. But, it was all worth it when the score was 17-14 at the end. I also got to see some friends, like Becca!

I thought of 2 things to add to the list of things I don't believe in:

1. Hayrides - Two words: cold and itchy! I have never understood the joy in hayrides. Please explain it to me. You pile on a trailer full of itchy, smelly, often damp hay with your peers (or younger) and you slowly ride behind a tractor in the cold, dark night. Another bad part about it is that there are usually people stationed along the course who try to scare you, and I absolutely despise being startled. (That's for another blog entry, but Kurt can attest that I am very jumpy and I frighten easily). So, don't waste your time inviting me to a hayride. Not gonna happen. I know, you must be sorely disappointed.

2. Yoo-hoo in a can - Disgusting. I was standing in the checkout line at Sam's today and I saw Yoo-hoo in a can! I mean, what is Yoo-hoo? It's called a "chocolate drink." What is that? Chocolate-flavored what? According to yoo-hoo.com, it is an all-natural chocolate-flavored drink that cannot spoil, has 5 vitamins and minerals, is 99% fat free, and is caffeine free. I'm very impressed by that information; however, the can packaging is still gross. Carbonation usually comes in a can, not chocolate water. Count me out, Yoo-hoo.

I'm going to Jackson for the day tomorrow with Barb, Bonnie, and Becky - my beach buddies. Deja Vu. Hopefully, I'll get to see some friends and do some Christmas shopping! I only have a couple of more gifts to buy. If you want to receive a Christmas card from us this year, please send me your address at martylcooper@gmail.com.

3 comments:

  1. It is such a good time to be a Bulldog, isn't it? We also have been reveling in the victory and would have loved to be there...
    Okay, I totally agree about Yoo-hoo. I do not have lots of experience with the chocolate drink, but I have tried it and thought it was disgusting. Sorry to those who love it, but I definitely did NOT (and there aren't too many chocolate things in this world I don't like).
    We would love a Christmas card. I think you have our address though because we got one last year...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE HAY RIDES! I always thought the fun of it was being out in the night country air piled into a wagon, wrapped up in blankets with your friends and possibly boyfriend or wanna be boyfriend riding though the country gazing at the stars and singing. Then making a bond fire and sitting around it roasting marshmallows and telling stories. In fact I wish I could go on one this weekend. If anyone is having one please invite me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fight for Mississippi State, win the game today! Are y'all coming up for the Liberty Bowl? You should! Dec. 29....shoot me a card to 3668 Poplar Ave Memphis, TN 38111....hope Jackson was fun..can't wait to fill you in on LA!

    ReplyDelete