Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Hoarding Tendencies

As I mentioned earlier, I got out all of my fall/winter clothes and put up my "flimsy" summer clothes. I stored them in the attic in four 20-gallon tubs (3 were mine, one was Kurt's), and while Kurt put them up there for storage, I was bull-headed and got them down by myself. Subsequently, I pulled my quadricep muscle in my left thigh. Those sum-guns were too heavy for me to be maneuvering down the attic stairs. Oh well.

Upon unpacking the contents of the bins, I discovered many treasures I had forgotten about since last year. Some things I can still wear and like, and some things I cannot -- which I am giving to Leslie (my sister) like I do every year.

I also discovered inordinate amounts of some items. I have 12 coats. Yes, 12. Who needs 12 coats in Mississippi? I also have upwards of 25 purses, and about 9 pairs of boots. I have subsequently diagnosed myself as a hoarder.

Similarly, I have about 8 different kinds of shampoo/conditioner in my shower. Poor Kurt only has 1 kind that he uses, but it is hard to locate amongst the plethora of my products. Maybe I need my own bathroom.

Also, my closet is bigger than Kurt's (as it should be). After spending about 10 minutes hanging up his sweaters and corduroys -- and 2 hours hanging up my fall clothes -- I told him I had run out of closet space and asked him if I could use some of his. He was not amused. He even keeps his Sunday suits in the guest room closet because they won't fit in his regular closet. Ha. I guess we know who the high maintenance one is in our household...Winnie. Annnnd possibly me.

2 comments:

  1. This is crazy b/c I just started watching that show "Hoarders" on A&E! So don't worry... I don't think you qualify unless the city has declared your home uninhabitable and you still insist that you need to keep a completely rotted pumpkin.

    Also, sorry about your pulled muscle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your updates. Thanks! And I have a lot of coats too...not sure why! :)

    ReplyDelete