Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Not exactly a spray tan


It began as any regular evening. I was walking Winnie around our neighborhood, as I do regularly during the week. As we rounded the corner to our street to end the walk, Winnie and I saw a white, furry animal. I wasn't sure what it was -- I only noticed how pretty I found it.

Then the adventure began. Winnie lunged toward the picturesque creature and starting pulling me with her. Startled, it turned around, raised its tail, and started spraying. I realized it was a skunk -- an ALBINO SKUNK (Yes, they exist. I Googled it.) and sprinted toward my house, pulling Winnie as she fought me in her effort to "go play" with another animal.

Thankfully we outran the stench, but I bet our street will be stankin' tomorrow morning. Consider this your warning, West Tupelo: Hold thy breath!

No comments:

Post a Comment