Friday, January 1, 2010

Nicolas Cage, you sick!


Twas the night of Christmas, and we went to see a movie with Kurt's parents and a few friends. Since I was the only girl, I sat with Kurt's mom and he sat on the row in front of us with 3 other dudes. There were about 8 previews before Sherlock Holmes finally started.


One of the previews featured Nicolas Cage -- the most terrible actor ever. I mean, EW! I cannot stand Nicolas Cage, and Kurt agrees. NC is so annoying in all his movies. Plus, the titles of his films are ludicrous -- nay, silly!


So, when he came on the screen, I sent Kurt a text saying, "You suck, Nicolas Cage!" He wrote me back, "He still sucks." I thought it was a weird response, but the movie started and I forgot about it.


The next morning as we were getting ready to go to West Point, Kurt says to me, "You SICK Nicolas Cage!" What???


After I asked him what he meant, he showed me my text from the night before. It actually read, "You sick, Nicolas Cage" instead of "You suck, Nicolas Cage." Oops! Another victim of unchecked predictive text...


Needless to say, "sick" has been subsituted for "suck" ever since then. Also, it seems a little nicer to tell someone "you sick!" instead of "you suck!" It also sounds slang, which is fun. "Man, you sick!" or "This eggplant sick!"


You know what else sicks? Cleaning up dog vomit.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Doug and I have a misspelling for suck as well (from an old gmail chat). We say "you such"!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. our dog has vomited multiple times in the past couple of days. you're right: it is sick and it does sick.

    p.s. i don't hate nicolas cage, but he does sick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Surely we have talked about this...we definitely have mutual feelings about Nicholas Cage. He sick AND sucks!

    Bunny ears that text. Love it!

    ReplyDelete