Sunday, May 24, 2009

Tutti Frutti, O Rudy!

Is that an old, barely standing shack located in the middle of a vacant parking lot? Why yes it is, and it houses my favorite respite from the summer heat. Well, my favorite one that Tupelo has to offer...

I prefer The Snowball Shoppe over the "chain" snow cone vendors because:

1. It is locally-owned, and I like to support local merchants.
2. Their Tutti Frutti is off the chain! It tastes like real tutti frutti...I'm not sure what that tastes like, but it doesn't taste all artificial like the chain snow-coners. Just sayin' it's the real deal holyfield.
3.  "Summer snow" (not my favorite term, but I'll go with it) is dairy-free, which is good for my sensitive tummy.

I don't even know what Kurt or any of my other friends get when they are at The Snowball Shoppe. When I get there, I am overcome with excitement. It's like I black out or something, but then I always awaken with a tutti frutti in hand -- a very happy ending.

What are your favorite snow cone flavors?

4 comments:

  1. My favorite is Tupelo Tornado and Tigers Blood.
    Sometimes when I'm feeling dangerous I like Tigers Blood/Sour Grape/Root Beer in the rainbow formation. Don't knock it til you've tried it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strange as it sounds, I love lime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't had a snow cone in the longest time! I think the last one I got was watermelon. Anywho, they're good at first but then the syrup is too overwhelming at the bottom. I'd rather have a coke icee any day!

    ReplyDelete