Thursday, July 31, 2008

Sneeze Training




I have allergies, so I sneeze a lot. Kurt has enrolled me in sneeze training. Recently he started critiquing my sneezes, accusing me of holding them in (like Ginger) instead of letting them burst forth, if you will. Well, it's not true. I let my sneezes go full-force from my nostrils. However, Kurt believes I should open my mouth as well when I sneeze. He has encouraged me to try to make the "Achoo!" sound during my nasal expulsions. So, I'm giving it a try. How do you sneeze?


Also, Kurt and I were talking the other day about how people age and their minds begin to slip. I told him that I was scared about what I will say when I lose the filter that connects from my mind to my mouth (albeit, the very thin filter that I am constantly working on thickening) because, believe it or not, I do hold back sometimes... He said, "I don't think it'll be that much of a transition." Thanks, honey.

3 comments:

  1. i sneeze with my mouth closed and it sounds like a pig grunting. but at least i'm not spraying myself with saliva

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I sneeze it is usually 4 to 5 times in a row. I try to make each one sound different.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very loud sneezer! Usually at least 3 times and each one is louder than the previous one. Chris HATES my sneezing, but it makes me feel so much better. On the losing your mind topic, I am so scared to have surgery because they don't call the anesthesia "truth gas" for nothing. There is NO TELLING what I would say! Something embarrassing I am sure. haha

    ReplyDelete